Job Description : Patient Care Technician
|Qualification||A high school diploma or GED is required.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 20 To USD 23 Per Hour|
Our 337-bed, the award-winning academic hospital provides highly specialized tertiary healthcare. We offer world-class open heart care and other heart and vein care. A nationally accredited breast center, Comprehensive Stroke Center and national accreditation for breast centers are also available. Ascension Resurrection has been ranked as one of the top Illinois hospitals for stroke and neuroscience care.
What We Offer:
- A friendly team environment
- Competitive wages
- Affordable dental and medical care
- Retirement match
- Paid holidays and PTO
- There are significant professional opportunities.
- Networks and practice groups that are innovative
- Comprehensive training
- There’s so much more!
What You Will Do
Under supervision, perform basic clinical and non-clinical patient care activities.
- Assist with the movement and placement of patients.
- Assist patients in caring for their personal and daily needs.
- Nursing staff should be notified of any changes or findings in physical, mental, or emotional conditions.
- Keep all records.
- Maintain patient rooms in a clean and orderly manner.
- Maintain medical equipment
What you Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration
- BLS Provider credentialed from American Heart Association (AHA), obtained before the hire date or job transfer.
- You must choose one or more of these options:
- Emergency Medical Tech Credentialed from The Illinois Board Of Division of Emergency Medical Services and Highway Safety. You must obtain this credential before the date of hire or job transfer. It is acceptable to be intermediate or advanced.
- Credential as a Practical/Vocational Nursing Assistant from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation before hiring date or job transfer.
- Credentialed Nurse Aide from the Illinois Department of Public Health must be obtained before the hire date or job transfer.
- A nursing student who has completed one semester in medical surgical nursing is acceptable.