Google’s online office is a powerful online word processor. It comprises of Google sheet templates, Googles slides and Google doc. It’s a quality alternative to Microsoft Word. For tech fan, it can be overwhelming and become a way of life.
The beauty of cloud or internet based wordprocessing is that it can be assessed, and processed from anywhere with an Ok internet connection. As such it eliminates the need for a physical Storage device.
Amongst all google office tool available, the google sheet is arguably the most utilized. There are a lot of Google Sheets Templates available such as to-do lists, annual budgets, calendars, planners, and more. In spite of the reasonably large library of google sheet templates, they are limiting.
What You’ll Need to Create a Google Sheet Templates
If you find the free google sheet templates limiting? There is good news, You can create yours. All you need is a Google account and a few custom google sheet templates to work with. All you need to do is copy and paste the content of a templates. In other words, you could create your templates from within Google Sheets itself by modifying custom google sheet templates or create them locally with a tool like LibreOffice or MS Office.
How to modify free google sheet templates available in the templates directory.
- Open a template. Google Sheet Templates Gallery.
- Then Edit the template to fit your purpose.
- Save the template by pressing Enter.
- Finally, Close the file.
The file will automatically be saved to the directory of Google Drive.
Create a Google sheet Templates Folder
After creating google sheet templates, it is proper to group it in a folder not to get things mixed up.
- Launch your browser and Sign in to your Google account
- Go to Google Drive.
- Click New and select Folder. create a name for the folder/directory.
- Click Create to create the folder.
- Then click and drag the previously created template to the new folder.
Adding Google sheet Templates
If the google sheet has not been created and you want it saved to the folder, follow the steps below.
- Log into google drive and locate the google sheet templates folder.
- Click the New and select Google Sheet to open an empty spreadsheet file,
- Open the template created on a local application (such as MS Office or LibreOffice). Then press Ctrl + A to select the content of the entire template. Next press Ctrl + C to copy.
- Return to the empty google sheet opened on your google drive press Ctrl + V to paste.
- Finally, Rename the new template.
Your new spreadsheet template is ready to use.
Using Your Custom Google sheet Templates
Here’s how to use a template:
- Go to the folder where the customized google sheet template was saved on the google doc.
- Right-click on the google sheet template.
- Click to Make a copy. This will create a copy of the template you want to use. NOTE: The duplicated google sheet will appear on the same folder as Copy.
- Right-click the on the copied google sheet created and Rename. Give the spreadsheet a unique name and you can then open it and begin adding content.
Since a copy was created of the initially customized google sheet template, the template is still intact and is reused whenever needed.