How to recover deleted Facebook messages is not a difficult task. However, it is recommended that you keep messages that you do not like to carry in your Facebook messenger inbox and do not wish to lose in the near future to avoid the stress associated with attempting to recover lost Facebook messages.
Notably, preserving Facebook conversations or Facebookenables you to view the data at any time of day or night.
As a result, this post will also discuss how to recover deleted messages from Facebook Messenger and how to archive Facebook messages step by step.
Recover lost Facebook messages
This is a step by step guide on how to recover your deleted Facebook messages
- From , navigate to the top right corner of the Facebook homepage and input your full name, username, phone number, email address, and password, followed by the login button.
- Click on the tiny V-like icon in the top right corner of the Facebook Newsfeed.
- Next, from the list of available menus, select the Settings option.
- Locate and click the ‘Your Facebook Details’ button on the left-hand side of the Facebook settings pane.
- After completing phase 4 above, a new page will emerge. Check the page and you should see the option “Download your files.” Simply push it.
- If you choose, you can uncheck all other parameters on the “download your Facebook information” page and leave only “Messages,” as that is what we are looking for in this situation. As a Facebook user, you can download a copy of your Facebook information at any time.
- Once you click this button, the process will take some time to complete.
- When the process is complete, you will receive an email with instructions on how to download the file.
- Click the notification icon, followed by the Download icon next to the file you wish to download.
You will be required to enter your Facebook password for security purposes. To proceed, enter your password and click the button.
Second, you’ll need to specify a location for the downloaded Facebook messages. Once, twice
That is how to recover deleted messages on Facebook.
If you’re accessing Facebook via the Facebook app on your smartphone, you’ll need to follow the instructions below to easily recover lost Facebook messages.
How to Restore Deleted Facebook Messages on a Mobile Device
To get access to your Facebook deleted messages, complete these steps:
- Open the app by clicking on the Facebook messenger icon on your smartphone.
- You’ll need to touch on the search bar at the top of the Facebook screen. This enables you to search for previously stored conversations.
- When you locate the chat, simply select it and touch the Unarchive Message button to unarchive it.
It’s critical to remember that if you’re using the Facebook Messenger website edition, you’ll need to travel to Messages > More > Archived to access the Archived Messages option.
Recovering Deleted Messages On Facebook
An exciting feature is that you can download the entire report or just the information type and date periods you desire on Facebook.
Additionally, the Facebook function allows you to receive your information in an easy-to-view HTML format or in a JSON format that may be more simply imported by another site.
Downloading your Facebook information is a password-protected process that is accessible only to you.
As a result, it will be available for download for a couple of days once a copy of your Facebook data has been generated.
Bear in mind that you may always retrieve your details if you wish to display them on Facebook without downloading them.
After unchecking all other options, you will need to select the date range, the format (HTML OR JSON), and the quality (low, medium, or high). Once finished, navigate to the top right corner of the file and select the “Build File” button.