Canada continues to draw in a steady volume of scholars from India, whereas obtaining admission to prime Universities in Canada continues to want wonderful academic scores, the permission to review is valid by means of a Canada Student Visa.
If you want to require educational, skilled, or education at a university, college, or other establishments in a North American country, you’ll want a study permit before you enter a North American country.
This study permit is issued to students after they arrive in Canada. However, to induce there, a student should 1st apply for a brief Resident Visa that is provided by the Canadian embassy and expedited by the Visa Application Centers. VFS International Services is the selected VACs for Canadian Visa.
Moreover, candidates ought to additionally apprehend the explanations why their North American country Visa gets rejected?
In this article, we are going to inform you about everything you need to know about Canadian student visas and how to apply.
Without any further delay, let’s get to it:
- What is a Student Visa?
- Requirements for Canada Student Visa
- How to apply for Canada Student Visa
What is a Student Visa?
A student visa or study permit is a special endorsement added to a government passport issued to students enrolled at a qualified educational institution. They do not require the holder to obtain citizenship.
Now that you understand what a student visa is, you need to know what the requirements are for receiving one.
Before We Start: Here are Important Content
To guide you through with different content for free Visa Sponsorship, Work and Study in Abroad, Jobs for Student and much more.
- Truck Driver Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship 2022/2023
- Government Jobs in Canada for Immigrants
- Get a job in Toronto Canada Full Time: The Easy Guide
- Work in Canada: How to get Job offer and Work Permit
- How to Apply for American Visa Sponsorship Program 2022/2023
- Fully Funded MasterCard UCT Scholarship 2022/2023 for African Students
Requirements for Canada Student Visa
Below are some of the requirements needed to obtain a Canadian student visa:
- You should have been accepted by a designated learning institute (DLI)
- You need to prove you have adequate financial support for your education
- No criminal background (produce a police verification certificate)
- Health check-up/medical certificate
These are the requirements needed before you can apply for a Canadian student visa. Furthermore, there are documents that you would need to produce before and when applying for a Canadian student visa.
Documents Required for a Canadian Student Visa
All documents should be ready and in hand around mid-June of the year if you plan on getting into the September intake.
The following documents need to be tendered when applying for a Canadian Student Visa.
A Valid Passport
You would need a valid passport to be able to apply for a student visa. Your passport should cover the duration of your stay in Canada. This is a requirement set out by the Canadian High Commission.
If you are applying for a 2 (two) year course in Canada, your passport must be valid for a two-year period.
Admission Letter by the University
You would need an admission letter from the university you are trying to apply to. This would be recognized by the Immigration Department and would help you in your application for a student visa.
If you are applying for Quebec, you would need a CAQ which would be duly notified.
You would need to show proof of funds, meaning you would be required to justify that you can cater for your studies in Canada.
Canadian Immigration requires a student to have at least 10,000 CAD for every year of their stay in the country. The students should also prove that he/she has enough funds to return to their own country as well.
If you are applying offline, you would need a passport photograph that meets the Canadian Immigration standards, or send the digital format of your passport if you are applying online.
Guidelines to follow when taking a passport photograph can be seen below:
- The file size should be no more than 4MB for the digital format
- The size of the image should be at least 35 mm x 45 mm
- The image should be recent (not more than 6 months old)
English Language Proficiency Exam
At the time of application for a Canadian Student visa, it is advised to have applied for an English Language Proficiency Exam. The Canadian University recognizes the following exams: TOEFL, and IELTS.
Statement of Purpose
At this stage, you would be required to write a short essay stating the reason why you wish to apply for a student visa and what purpose you have for choosing Canada as your choice of study.
How to apply for Canada Student Visa
Follow the steps listed below on how to apply for a student visa:
- Check the duration of the application process. Take note of long it takes for the student visa to be processed.
- Mode of application: Online or Offline. Visit the link for an online application.
- Fill out the VFS Consent Form and attach it to your application form.
- Pay the processing fee
- Submit your application and other supporting documents.